Thank you for your interest in The Bates Association.
As stated in its Corporate Charter, the object of the Association is the collection, compilation and publication of all available data concerning the Bates Families, strictly on a not-for-profit basis. All persons and institutions interested in the objectives cited above are welcome. We currently have over 260 families, spanning the United States including Hawaii, Alaska, and in Ireland, Canada and England.
Individuals having Bates ancestors qualify for a regular membership.
Regular membership includes:
- One year subscription to The Bates Bulletin, (our newsletter.)
- A research person, who uses the Bates Library Collection to do look ups for you based on your family line.
- Access to the Members Only area of The Bates Association Website where you will find:
- Past and current issues of The Bates Bulletin:
- A message board for queries and other discussions
- Information on our main Bates lines
- Links to other websites of interest that are both general and line specific
- Contact information for Association Volunteers
- Membership Directory
- New Member Forms
- Members renewal information
- PayPal option for paying dues
We look forward to having you as a member.
To join The Bates Association, fill out the form below.
The membership types and prices are:
- Electronic U.S. Membership – $20.00 – you will receive the Bates Bulletin via email
- Regular Membership – $22.00 – you will receive the Bates Bulletin via postal mail.
- Lifetime Membership – 59 years old or younger – $350.00 – choose how you would like to receive the Bates Bulletin
- Lifetime Membership – 60+ – $200.00 – choose how you would like to receive the Bates Bulletin
- International Membership – $23.00 – you will receive the Bates Bulletin via email
- Associate Membership – $15.00 – An Associate Member is someone interested in the Bates line, an organization, or a historical society. Associate Members receive only The Bates Bulletin. They do not have access to any of the benefits available to regular members.